What is it about us humans, or at least this human, that loves to feel even sadder when I already am feeling sad?
I have tried so many times to delete the “Love Hurts”playlist on my Spotify. I am not kidding. I have a playlist that I am attached to that is titled after an Incubus song. This playlist includes songs such as:
- Kiss me by Ed Sheeran
- I’m With You by Avril Lavinge.
- Till Summer Comes Around by Keith Urban
- Free by Zac Brown Band
- About Today by The National
- Slow Show by The National
- Last Kiss by Taylor Swift
- Where Is My Mind? by Maxcene Cerin
- Opus 22 by David Ohalloran
- With or Without you by U2
…you get the point. It’s music that will remind you of the one you loved before they left you broken and shattered into a million little pieces. It’s music that will make you want to be in a music video where it’s raining outside and you’re looking out a window.
And with that little excerpt of inside into what I listen to when I am feeling down, I must admit that I am a huge fucking moper. Is that a word? Or did that added suffix make the word mope sound like I might be a drug user? Hmmm. I don’t know. But give me some mope.